Latest Business News
- Hunt hints at tax cuts ahead of Budgeton 04/03/2024 at 2:47 am
The chancellor tells the BBC he wants to 'show a path' to a lower-tax economy in Wednesday's Budget.
- Nissan accused of dumping its electric car pioneerson 04/03/2024 at 1:57 am
Owners of older vehicles tell the BBC of their anger that their cars' apps will stop working.
- Warning cost of living fund closure 'catastrophic'on 04/03/2024 at 12:02 am
Hundreds of thousands of families have had help through the government's Household Support Fund.
- Did the last Budget deliver what was promised?on 04/03/2024 at 12:01 am
The previous Budget was meant to help growth, investment, pubs and parents. Has it worked so far?
- Five ways to save on train tickets as fares riseon 03/03/2024 at 2:11 am
As rail fares rise on Sunday, we find the ways passengers can keep journeys as cheap as possible.
- Bad blood over Singapore Taylor Swift tour subsidieson 01/03/2024 at 11:04 pm
Singapore paid taxpayer dollars to lock in Swift's shows - causing some bad blood in the region.
- Boeing in takeover talks to buy parts supplieron 01/03/2024 at 10:54 pm
Boeing, under pressure over its manufacturing, is in takeover talks for Spirit Aerosystems.
- Rents soar in towns as tenants priced out of citieson 01/03/2024 at 10:03 pm
Towns outside of big cities have seen some of the biggest rent rises as tenants choose comfort.
- Faisal Islam: Why this won't be the Budget that Jeremy Hunt wantedon 01/03/2024 at 10:02 pm
An economy in recession and high borrowing costs mean there will not be a bumper election giveaway.
- Nigeria orders crypto firm to pay $10bnon 01/03/2024 at 6:13 pm
The government blames Binance for the recent collapse of the naira, and has arrested two executives.
- Post Office staff may have broken law, say lawyerson 01/03/2024 at 3:12 pm
Lawyers for sub-postmasters say some investigators may have conspired to pervert the course of justice.
- Price of first class stamp to rise againon 01/03/2024 at 2:55 pm
This is the fourth rise in two years for first class stamps and the second class cost will rise too.
- How big banks are becoming 'Bitcoin whales'on 01/03/2024 at 2:31 pm
There will only ever be 21 million bitcoins, and US financial giants are buying up thousands.
- Elon Musk sues OpenAI over Microsoft linkson 01/03/2024 at 2:26 pm
The lawsuit accuses the firm of abandoning its founding principle of benefiting humanity.
- M&S wins appeal to tear down Oxford Street storeon 01/03/2024 at 1:23 pm
M&S successfully appeals a government decision to block the redevelopment of the central London shop.
- All you need to know about Friday's train strikeson 01/03/2024 at 1:12 pm
LNER and Northern train drivers, plus London Overground staff, are all set to stage walkouts.
- Asda billionaire boss: 'I've not done bad'on 01/03/2024 at 12:31 pm
Mohsin Issa says he and his co-owner brother are "here for the long haul", despite Asda's £5bn debt.
- House prices see first annual rise in over a yearon 01/03/2024 at 9:49 am
Prices in February were up 1.2% from a year earlier but are still lower than their peak, Nationwide says.
- Rihanna among celebrities in India for Ambani galaon 01/03/2024 at 8:21 am
Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are among guests at a pre-wedding party for billionaire Mukesh Ambani's son.
- India economy beats expectations with 8.4% growthon 01/03/2024 at 2:30 am
The strong figures come just months before the country is due to hold a general election.