Latest Business News
- Covid: Travel firms reject 'overly cautious' green liston 08/05/2021 at 9:49 am
The UK will be "left behind" if other countries open up travel more quickly, the industry says.
- Post Office scandal: Former staff contacted over prosecutionson 08/05/2021 at 9:35 am
It is contacting former workers potentially caught up in the UK's most widespread miscarriage of justice.
- US jobs figures fall far short of expectationson 07/05/2021 at 4:34 pm
Employers hired 266,000 people last month, figures show, despite a $1.9tn stimulus package.
- Furlough: Pair arrested over £3.4m job scheme fraudon 07/05/2021 at 1:55 pm
Officials freeze more than £6m held in bank accounts controlled by the man and woman from Bradford.
- Virgin Media customers left waiting longest on phoneon 07/05/2021 at 1:53 pm
Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile had the longest average customer call waiting times, Ofcom has found.
- Twitter adds 'tip jar' to pay for good tweetingon 07/05/2021 at 11:17 am
Twitter launches a new payment feature for good tweets - but it comes with privacy concerns.
- Holiday costs to jump in summer, warns travel bosson 07/05/2021 at 10:51 am
Travel will be more expensive as airlines cannot afford to bring many planes back into service.
- Tui to subsidise Covid tests for package holiday customerson 07/05/2021 at 9:59 am
The travel firm is offering discounted tests with its holidays but there are concerns over testing capacity.
- British Airways owner IAG calls for action to restart flightson 07/05/2021 at 9:05 am
The airline group says there is a "high level" of pent-up demand from passengers.
- China's exports soar as US recovers and India stallson 07/05/2021 at 6:32 am
Export growth soared 32% in April as demand jumped for goods from the world's second largest economy.
- Juukan Gorge: Rio Tinto investors in pay revolt over sacred cave blaston 07/05/2021 at 2:35 am
Shareholders voted against outgoing boss's $10m bonus after sacred Aboriginal shelters were destroyed.
- Plastic bag charge to double to 10p in all shops in Englandon 06/05/2021 at 11:15 pm
The price rise for single-use bags will be extended to all businesses in England from 21 May.
- Road and rail building plans under review after Covidon 06/05/2021 at 7:58 pm
Post-pandemic shifts in travel habits could undermine the logic behind many infrastructure projects.
- Liberty steel owner in talks over £200m lifelineon 06/05/2021 at 3:42 pm
Sanjeev Gupta's beleaguered UK steel business may yet find the help it needs, the BBC understands.
- UK economy set to grow at fastest rate in more than 70 yearson 06/05/2021 at 3:12 pm
Economy expected to grow by 7.25% in 2021 as lockdown restrictions are eased, says Bank of England.
- No full-time return to the office for over a millionon 06/05/2021 at 11:59 am
Almost all of 50 big UK firms tell the BBC staff will divide their time between home and office in future.
- Sub-postmaster's wife 'cried eyes out' over jailingon 06/05/2021 at 10:42 am
A wrongly-jailed postmaster's wife has described the ordeal of seeing her husband locked up.
- UK service sector growth hits seven-year highon 06/05/2021 at 9:02 am
The UK's dominant services sector rebounded in April as lockdown restrictions were eased.
- 'We are desperate to go travelling again'on 05/05/2021 at 11:17 pm
"Digital nomads" aim to get back to mobile working after Covid, with many countries wooing them.
- Back to work: 'We're not going back to the office'on 05/05/2021 at 11:04 pm
Tara Tomes of East Village PR firm in Birmingham explains why she's ditching the office.