Latest Business News
- Pontins used 'undesirables list' of Irish surnameson 02/03/2021 at 1:07 pm
The holiday firm is to review working practices after using a list to stop bookings from Travellers.
- Taylor Wimpey sets aside £125m for cladding and fire safety repairson 02/03/2021 at 12:15 pm
The UK housebuilder sets aside more money to help bring buildings in line with latest regulations.
- Budget 2021: Furlough set to be extended - Kwasi Kwartengon 02/03/2021 at 11:53 am
Kwasi Kwarteng says help for firms and workers will continue, as Chancellor Rishi Sunak prepares to unveil the Budget.
- Boohoo 'not aware' of investigation after reports of US import banon 02/03/2021 at 11:18 am
The online clothing company is "confident" it can ensure it meets US import standards.
- Funerals: Cold-calling ban among plans for pre-paid serviceson 02/03/2021 at 11:12 am
Stricter rules are proposed for when the sector is overseen by the UK's financial regulator.
- UK house prices see 'surprise' pick-up, says Nationwideon 02/03/2021 at 10:30 am
An unexpected acceleration in values last month pushed prices to a record high, the Nationwide says.
- Energy firms overcharged one million switching customerson 02/03/2021 at 10:01 am
Households were overcharged by a total of £7.2m when they should have been protected from price rises.
- Volvo Cars to go fully electric by 2030on 02/03/2021 at 8:52 am
The Swedish firm is to phase out all models with internal combustion engines over the next few years.
- Budget 2021: Five things to look out for from Rishi Sunakon 02/03/2021 at 8:13 am
Tax rises and an extension of Covid support are both tipped to be announced in this week’s Budget.
- Carlos Ghosn: US father and son extradited to Japanon 02/03/2021 at 3:41 am
The two allegedly helped the ex-Nissan boss escape Japan while he was on bail for financial crimes.
- Dozens of arts freelancers lose out on Covid support over tax 'error'on 02/03/2021 at 12:05 am
Dozens of arts freelancers miss out on Covid support because of errors with their pay, Equity says.
- Aston Martin: The billionaire building 'a British Ferrari'on 02/03/2021 at 12:01 am
Lawrence Stroll, executive chairman of Aston Martin, tells the BBC he wants to build a firm with a "luxury profile".
- Zoom sees more growth after 'unprecedented' 2020on 01/03/2021 at 10:17 pm
Zoom boss calls working from home "new reality" and predicts growth - but not at last year's pace.
- Vauxhall: Business Secretary 'hopeful' over car plant futureon 01/03/2021 at 6:31 pm
The owner of the Ellesmere Port factory, which employs about 1,000 workers, is in talks with the government.
- Heathrow Airport seven-hour queues 'inhumane', say passengerson 01/03/2021 at 3:57 pm
Travellers complain of having to queue for up to seven hours because of new Covid measures at border control.
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala makes history at WTOon 01/03/2021 at 10:45 am
The former Nigerian finance minister becomes the first woman, and the first African, head of the WTO.
- Teen entrepreneurs: 'My friend's pug inspired my business'on 01/03/2021 at 12:07 am
Meet three teenagers who decided to set up their own businesses in lockdown.
- 'Farms are going to need different kinds of robots'on 01/03/2021 at 12:07 am
A growing number of tech firms are helping farmers better look after their animals and crops.
- Waste food: What do you do with 86 tonnes of celeriac?on 01/03/2021 at 12:04 am
With hospitality closed during lockdown, charities and apps are stepping in to help cut food waste.
- The influencer effect: 'Love Island star transformed my business'on 28/02/2021 at 1:38 am
Influencers can have a bad reputation but for some people they have proved to be a business lifeline.