Latest Business News
- Budget 2021: English city regions to get £6.9bn for public transporton 23/10/2021 at 1:04 am
The chancellor will announce increased funding for tram, train and bus services in England.
- Budget 2021: Six things that could affect youon 22/10/2021 at 9:07 pm
Chancellor Rishi Sunak will deliver his second Budget for 2021 next week. How will it affect you?
- Contrails: How tweaking flight plans can help the climateon 22/10/2021 at 12:43 pm
Why experts say cutting contrails costs less than $1bn a year but may be worth so much more.
- Taxi-hailing firm reveals 4,158 reports of sexual assaulton 22/10/2021 at 10:57 am
Safety data from US company Lyft says the incidents were reported between 2017 and 2019.
- Inflation likely to hit 5%, warns Bank of England chief economiston 22/10/2021 at 8:12 am
The Bank of England's new chief economist says it will have a "live" decision on interest rates next month.
- UK shop sales continue to fall in Septemberon 22/10/2021 at 7:56 am
Retail sales in the UK fell for the fifth month in a row, according to the Office for National Statistics.
- Evergrande shares rise on report of bond interest paymenton 22/10/2021 at 3:19 am
Shares opened up 6% after reports the Chinese property giant made a payment before a crucial deadline.
- Fears over the future of free debt adviceon 21/10/2021 at 11:01 pm
There is growing concern that free face-to-face debt advice could be cut.
- Second-hand car prices surge amid new car shortageon 21/10/2021 at 11:01 pm
Some used car models are growing in value despite getting older, research by the motoring group suggests.
- Toymaker Mattel says price rise has not hit demandon 21/10/2021 at 9:18 pm
The Barbie maker announces $1.8bn net sales saying parents are prioritising spending on children.
- Amazon sees fresh push to unionise in New Yorkon 21/10/2021 at 4:42 pm
Warehouse workers in Staten Island hope to organise, in the latest labour push at the firm.
- Petrol station stocks back to normalon 21/10/2021 at 3:56 pm
Filling station storage tanks were 45% full on average on Sunday, according to government figures.
- PG Tips and Cornetto maker Unilever warns prices will riseon 21/10/2021 at 2:36 pm
Consumer goods giant Unilever says high rates of cost inflation will continue into next year.
- Elon Musk's Tesla reports record sales and profitson 21/10/2021 at 9:27 am
The electric car maker recorded its highest quarterly profit of $1.6bn and sold more than 240,000 cars.
- Government borrowing falls in Septemberon 21/10/2021 at 9:22 am
Borrowing was lower than a year earlier, but was still the second-highest number on record for September.
- The tax fraud merry-go-round that cost billionson 21/10/2021 at 4:02 am
A former banker is now a poster boy for a scandal described as "the theft of the century".
- Tax cheat schemes cost governments billionson 21/10/2021 at 4:01 am
Major tax evasion and avoidance schemes have deprived countries of £127bn, research shows.
- Abolish energy price cap, says Scottish Power bosson 21/10/2021 at 4:00 am
The recent crisis exposed deep flaws in the way the market was structured, top executive says.
- Cladding: 'We're paying to live in a dark, dull box'on 20/10/2021 at 11:13 pm
A Birmingham tower block resident, where combustible cladding is being removed, explains his plight.
- The remote British island hoping to see more visitorson 20/10/2021 at 11:07 pm
The territory of St Helena, which has remained coronavirus-free, wants a big rise in tourists.