Latest Business News
- Coronavirus: Qantas adds to job cuts by outsourcing 2,000 roleson 30/11/2020 at 3:49 am
The Australian airline had already announced the loss of 6,000 staff as it tackles virus downturn.
- Coronavirus: Investment scams quadruple since virus lockdownon 30/11/2020 at 2:28 am
Fraudsters have been using more sophisticated tactics to steal millions from UK investors.
- Huawei ban from UK 5G network brought forwardon 30/11/2020 at 12:02 am
The cut-off date of September for the installation of new equipment is earlier than expected.
- Arcadia: Topshop owner faces collapse within hourson 30/11/2020 at 12:02 am
The collapse of the group, which includes Topshop and Dorothy Perkins, would put 13,000 jobs at risk.
- Coronavirus: Suspend peak rail fares over Christmas, says Labouron 29/11/2020 at 7:53 am
A surge in travel is expected when restrictions across the UK are eased between 23 and 27 December.
- How green and profitable are e-scooters?on 29/11/2020 at 12:35 am
Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement.
- Zappos ex-boss and Las Vegas entrepreneur Tony Hsieh, 46, dies after house fireon 28/11/2020 at 4:25 pm
Tony Hsieh led online retailer Zappos, acquired by Amazon, and helped transform central Las Vegas.
- Arcadia: Buyers to 'pick over carcass' of Topshop owner, says former bosson 28/11/2020 at 3:39 pm
Breaking up the Arcadia empire is "the only way" forward, former chief executive Lord Rose says.
- Covid: Road and rail changes planned for Christmas travel spikeon 28/11/2020 at 3:14 am
Around 500 miles of roadworks are being cleared to ease congestion on motorways over the festive period.
- Brexit: Barnier arrives in UK for face-to-face talkson 27/11/2020 at 9:37 pm
The EU's Michel Barnier arrived in London on Friday evening, as the two sides try to agree a deal.
- Black Friday comes early for shoppers this yearon 27/11/2020 at 4:41 pm
Shoppers took advantage of early Black Friday offers, but could face delays in getting their orders.
- Royal Mail could save £225m by cutting Saturday post, regulator sayson 27/11/2020 at 11:29 am
The postal regulator says it could drop weekend letter deliveries and still meet people's needs.
- TSB owner Sabadell considers bank's future as BBVA deal scrappedon 27/11/2020 at 10:52 am
The Spanish bank is seeking "strategic alternatives" after scrapping a merger with BBVA.
- China slaps up to 200% tariffs on Australian wineon 27/11/2020 at 4:02 am
It has been investigating the "dumping" of cheap wines in China - an accusation Australia denies.
- The photographers capturing buildings and biscuits in 3Don 27/11/2020 at 12:07 am
Photographers are scanning landmarks in stunning 3D detail and putting them on the internet. Why?
- Rishi Sunak faces state pension conundrumon 27/11/2020 at 12:03 am
Official forecasts suggest the state pension will rise by 4.1% in April 2022 when unemployment is high.
- October redundancies double last year's rateon 27/11/2020 at 12:03 am
With Covid cases rising and uncertainty over government support, employers planned 51,000 job cuts
- Black Friday: Next, M&S and Wilko shun sales eventon 27/11/2020 at 12:02 am
Although Black Friday spending in the UK is set to soar in 2020, some brands won't be taking part.
- Amazon spends $500m on bonuses for Christmas staffon 26/11/2020 at 8:49 pm
The money for frontline UK and US staff is a thank-you for working through the pandemic.
- Is there a gap between public and private sector pay?on 26/11/2020 at 6:26 pm
The chancellor has been making some claims about pay in the public and private sectors.