Latest Business News
- Covid: The holiday makers having to self-isolate abroadon 23/07/2021 at 10:43 pm
Some holidaymakers who tested positive for Covid while abroad are having to stay and self-isolate.
- Covid: Food exemption scheme delayed until Mondayon 23/07/2021 at 9:42 pm
Iceland warns the move will not solve the issue of staff shortages in supermarkets themselves.
- Covid: New testing plan will not work, warn firmson 23/07/2021 at 5:40 pm
Industry body, the CBI, criticises government plans that allow some key staff to bypass the NHS Covid app.
- Rail services face cuts as staff self-isolateon 23/07/2021 at 12:39 pm
Operators say they may have to run fewer trains as more employees are hit by the "pingdemic".
- Fashion for Crocs continues to break recordson 23/07/2021 at 10:23 am
The chunky shoe's sales nearly doubled in the three months to the end of June compared with last year.
- Firm fined £2.6m for claiming clothes prevent Covidon 23/07/2021 at 9:39 am
Australian activewear company Lorna Jane is branded "exploitative" and "predatory" by a judge.
- People splash out on food and drink for Euro 2020on 23/07/2021 at 9:12 am
Retail sales rose by 0.5% as millions stocked up on food and drink to watch the football tournament.
- Rural vacuum for getting hold of cashon 23/07/2021 at 9:12 am
People living in rural areas have less chance of withdrawing or depositing cash nearby, research finds.
- India Zomato: Shares of food delivery app soar on market debuton 23/07/2021 at 6:41 am
The firm's stock exchange listing sets the pace for other start-ups that are thriving in the pandemic.
- Didi shares fall on reports China is planning penaltieson 23/07/2021 at 3:29 am
The ride-hailing giant's shares are now down by more than 25% since their New York market debut last month.
- Road planners able to ignore climate change, campaigners claimon 22/07/2021 at 11:47 pm
Government guidelines mean road planners can effectively ignore climate change, campaigners say.
- Twitter and Snap add users as restrictions easeon 22/07/2021 at 10:35 pm
The social media companies passed analysts' expectations with their latest financial update.
- How global conferences are using tech to stay in businesson 21/07/2021 at 11:03 pm
Moving events online kept the industry going during the pandemic and now they're here to stay.
- Heatwave: The worst jobs to have when temperatures soaron 21/07/2021 at 7:22 pm
Not all jobs are equal when it comes to working in extreme heat, but which are the worst?
- CEO Secrets: 'Four-day weeks are good for business'on 21/07/2021 at 7:23 am
CEO Joe Munns says giving his workers a three-day weekend makes them happier and more productive.
- Is there a solution to the hospitality staff crisis?on 20/07/2021 at 10:58 pm
Aside from Covid and Brexit, are there other reasons for the shortage of hospitality workers?
- The little tech firm gunning for an airspeed recordon 19/07/2021 at 11:13 pm
Electroflight has built the E-NXT which it hopes will break the electric airspeed record.
- Using plastic waste to help solve sand shortageson 18/07/2021 at 11:06 pm
With construction sand in short supply crushed plastic is being used as an alternative.